November 7th, November 14th & November 28th
6:30 - 8:00
Three 90 minute Classes
This three session course is a natural progression beyond the basics of knitting. Learn to cast on onto circular needles, join to knit in the round, use stitch markers, follow a pattern with multiple size options, use double pointed needles (DPNs) and finish off, while knitting the Barley Hat by Tin Can Knits.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HOMEWORK ASSIGNED EACH WEEK. EACH CLASS WILL COVER A NEW SKILL AND COMPLETION OF THE PROJECT WILL DEPEND ON THE KNITTING YOU DO INDEPENDENTLY.
- Long tail cast on onto circular needles
- Joining / knitting & Purling in the round
- Switching to larger needles
- Using Stitch Markers
- Following a knitting pattern with a variety of size options
- Decreasing / Using DPN's
- Finishing techniques
For this class you will need:
- 200 yards of worsted weight yarn (many options are available in the shop)
- US #6 Chiaogoo Patina Bamboo 16" circular needles
- US #8 Chiaogoo Patina Bamboo 16" circular needles
- US #8 Chiaogoo Patina Bamboo DPN's
- Stitch Markers
- Darning needles
Any supplies purchased from The Local Yarn Store for use in this class will be discounted 10%.
Please be sure to have your supplies in hand before the first session!
Class will be limited to 6 students. Please include all contact information, email, and phone number, when signing up online.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOT OFFER REFUND OR EXCHANGE FOR MISSED CLASSES.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.