Learn to knit socks with a traditional flap and gusset heel. You'll make a pair of worsted weight slipper socks because it's easier to learn new techniques on thicker yarn and it will be easier to complete the homework in time. Once you've made these socks you'll be ready to play with all the gorgeous fingering weight sock yarn you want!
Necessary Skills: Must have knit at least one project in the round, and be able to cast on and work ribbing without supervision.
- Knitting a small circumference using Magic Loop
- Turning a flap and gusset heel
- Picking up stitches
- Grafting / Kitchener Stitch
- Approximately 200 yards of Universal Deluxe Stripes, Universal Deluxe Worsted, Universal Deluxe Tweed or Trendsetter Union (these are all machine washable and dryable)
- Needles: US 5 (3.75mm) or 6 (4mm) 32" circular (socks should be knit at a tight gauge, loose knitters should choose smaller needles.)
- Accessories: Stitch markers, tapestry needle, scissors.
10% Discount for class supplies.
Materials must be purchased at The Local Yarn Store.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.